For demanding outdoor video surveillance:
AXIS Q6042-C is an outdoor-ready PTZ dome network camera that provides reliable surveillance in environments such as deserts, where high ambient temperatures and solar radiation require cameras to operate in extreme heat. With extended D1 resolution and 36x optical zoom with autofocus, the camera enables coverage of large areas and great details when zooming in. It is ideal for use at construction and open-pit mining sites, along pipelines, and for city surveillance.
Reliable operation in extreme heat:
With a built-in active cooling system, AXIS Q6042-Ccan operate in temperatures up to 75°C(167°F). The dust- and waterproof camera is IP66- and NEMA 4X-rated and meets the tough military standard, MIL-STD-810G, ensuring reliable operation in harsh weather conditions such as sandstorms. In windy conditions, the camera’s electronic image stabilization provides clearer, more useful video and helps reduce the size of video files, which leads to lower bandwidth and storage use. Support for shock detection enables the camera to trigger an alarm if it has been hit.
The robust AXIS Q6042-C is designed for round-the-clock pan/tilt/zoom operation. It can be automatically directed to 256 preset positions using guard tour. AXIS Q6042-C can tilt 20º above the horizon, making it possible for the camera to see higher than its mounting position.
Axis offers outdoor surveillance solutions optimized for easy installation and excellent image quality.
Support for Active Gatekeeper enables the camera to automatically move to a preset position when motion is detected in a pre-defined area, and track the detected object. The camera also has substantial capacity for third-party intelligent video applications that are based on the AXIS Camera Application Platform.
Flexible installation and easy integration:
AXIS T8605 Media
The supplied media converter switch allows AXIS Q6042-Cto be connected in a daisy chain to the network using standard network or fiber optic cables that help lower the cost of installing the cameras over long distances. The media converter switch also enables the cameras to connect to external alarm devices via two configurable input/output ports, and to 12 V power.
- Operates in temperatures up to 75°C(167°F)
- Outdoor-ready, meet military standard
- Extended D1 resolution and 36x optical zoom
- SFP slots for fiber, RJ45 connections
- I/O for alarm in/out
- Day/night functionality for clear video even in low light conditions, and wide dynamic range for better visibility of objects in dark and light areas of a scene
- H.264 in Baseline and Main Profiles, and Motion JPEG
- Tour recording functionality enables easy setup of an automatic tour by allowing a device such as a joystick to be used to record an operator’s pan/tilt/zoom movements and length of time spent at each point of interest. The tour can then be activated at a touch of a button or at a scheduled time
- Edge storage with a built-in memory card slot
- Advanced security and network management features
- Support for AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org) and cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com).