High-quality detection indoors:
AXIS Q1921 Thermal Network Camera is a perfect complement to any network video system that needs to secure an area 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The camera uses thermal imaging and is designed for indoor surveillance. It allows users to detect people, objects and incidents in complete darkness and difficult conditions such as smoke, haze, dust and light fog.
Find out more about the technology and benefits of thermal cameras in video surveillance.
Key IP-Surveillance features
AXIS Q1921 Thermal Network Camera supports H.264 video compression, which reduces bandwidth usage and storage needs by up to 80% compared to Motion JPEG. The camera provides multiple, individually configurable video streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG. Each stream can have its own color palette setting.
AXIS Q1921 has two-way audio support, which allows the user to communicate with visitors and intruders.
Wide detection range
With a resolution of 384x288 pixels and multiple lens alternatives, AXIS Q1921 can optimize detection performance to meet most application requirements:
|Lens||Focal length||Viewing angle||Detection|
|1.8 x 0.5m||2.3 x 2.3m|
The detection ranges are calculated with Johnson’s criteria and vary in different weather conditions.
Find nomographs for Axis Q19 Thermal Network Camera series (meters) (pdf) ornomographs for Axis Q19 Thermal Network Camera series (yards) (pdf) to determine the relation between the focal length of the lens, the number of pixels across the object, and the range.
Power over Ethernet for easy installation:
Installation is made easy and cost-effective with Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af), which eliminates the need for power cables.
ONVIF - the open industry forum
Intelligent video capabilities:
Since thermal cameras are immune to problems with light conditions and normal shadows, they can achieve higher accuracy than conventional cameras in most intelligent video applications. AXIS Q1921 Thermal Network Camera offers motion detection, audio detection, and detection of tampering attempts.
The camera also provides capacity for third-party analytics modules, including support for AXIS Camera Application Platform. AXIS Q1921 Thermal Network Camera supports ONVIF for interoperability between network video products.
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)
- Thermal imaging
- High-quality indoor detection
- Lens alternatives for different applications
- Intelligent video capabilities
- Standard Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af)
- Built-in support for Pan/Tilt heads using the Pelco-D protocol
- Built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including the ONVIF specification available at www.onvif.org, as well as VAPIX® and AXIS Camera Application Platform from Axis Communications
- 950 g (2.10 lb.) - 970 g (2.14 lb.)