- Compact, single channel video server
- Powered over Ethernet with power out for the camera
- High quality, de-interlaced video
- Audio support
- Powerful event management
The perfect solution for integrating analog cameras
The AXIS 247S Video Server is a high-performance, single channel video encoder for integrating an analog camera into an IP-based video surveillance system.
The compact AXIS 247S is ideal for distributed installation close to the analog camera, where space constraints call for an optimized solution, e.g. for video surveillance with small and discreet cameras in retail stores. Axis video servers provide the opportunity to take advantage of all the benefits that digital technology offers, perfect for installations where analog fixed cameras are to be used in an IP-based video surveillance system, e.g. in bank offices, airports, governmental or industrial buildings.
The compact AXIS 247S is quickly and easily mounted on a wall or ceiling. It is powered over Ethernet, and can also feed the camera with power, eliminating the need for power outlets. Power classification 2 or 3 is selectable, enabling optimization of the PoE-enabled network – either providing just enough power for a miniature camera, or for supplying a standard analog camera.
Powerful video and event management
AXIS 247S allows for powerful event management with multi-window motion detection, audio detection and I/O (input/output) for connecting devices such as sensors and external relays to activate lights or open/close doors. Pre/post-image alarm buffering secures images just before and after an alarm. AXIS 247S is supported by AXIS Camera Station video management software, which offers remote video monitoring, recording and playback.
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams in resolutions up to 704x576.
- De-interlace filter which improves image quality in the highest resolution (4CIF).
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication.
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network.
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4).
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications.
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)