- Superb video quality
- Multiple H.264 streams per channel
- Full frame rate in all resolutions
- Intelligent video capabilities
- Two-way audio support
High performance, four-channel solution
AXIS Q7404 Video Encoder is a high performance, four-channel standalone solution that integrates four analog cameras at a time into an IP-based video surveillance system. AXIS Q7404 delivers superb video quality and significant savings in bandwidth and storage with H.264.
Reduced bandwidth and storage needs
AXIS Q7404 offers the highly efficient H.264 video compression, which drastically reduces bandwidth and storage requirements without compromising image quality. Motion JPEG is also supported for increased flexibility.
Full frame rate in all resolutions
AXIS Q7404 can deliver multiple video streams simultaneously from each video channel at full frame rate in all resolutions up to D1 (720x480 in NTSC, 720x576 in PAL). The video streams can be individually configured with different compression formats, resolutions and frame rates for different needs.
Wide range of analog PTZ cameras supported
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis' open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony. It is also possible to control daisy-chained cameras from one RS-485/RS-422 serial port as long as they operate on the same protocol.
Customer story using the AXIS Q7404 Network video encoder:
San Francisco 49ers upgrade analog cameras with Axis video encoders Surveying the stadium activity from a video wall ensures a positive game day experience for all - When their DVRs started to drop the ball, the stadium operations team at Candlestick Park opted for a new game plan. With a network video solution in place, they [...]
Length x Width x Height: 194.4 mm (7.6") x 151 mm (5.9") x 35 mm (1.4")
Weight: 850 g (1.87 lb.)
- Two‐way audio support
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, active tampering alarm and audio detection.
- Two configurable inputs/outputs per channel for connections to external devices such as sensors and relays, enabling the system to receive and respond to alarms.
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications
- Support for AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)