- Extended D1 resolution and 36x optical zoom
- Outdoor-ready and Arctic Temperature Control
- Vandal-resistant and shock detection
- Electronic image stabilization
- High Power over Ethernet
Wide area coverage
AXIS Q6042-E is an advanced, outdoor-ready PTZ dome offering Extended D1 resolution, 36x optical zoom, and fast and precise pan/tilt performance for wide area coverage and great detail when zooming in. It is ideal for city surveillance, airports, train stations, harbors and stadiums.
Click on image for the full view of a wide snapshot fromAXIS Q6042-E.
Designed for easy and reliable installation, the camera is vandal-resistant (IK10) and has shock detection, surge protection (railway standard), and protection against dust, rain and snow (IP66 and NEMA 4X). It can operate in temperatures ranging from -40 ºC to 50 ºC(-40 ºF to 122 ºF). The camera’s Arctic Temperature Control ensures safe start-up in extreme cold. In windy conditions, the camera’s electronic image stabilization provides clearer, more useful video and helps reduce the size of video files, which leads to lower bandwidth and storage use.
The robust AXIS Q6042-E is designed for round-the-clock pan/tilt/zoom operation. It can be automatically directed to 256 preset positions using guard tour. AXIS Q6042-E can tilt 20º above the horizon, making it possible for the camera to see higher than its mounting position. This can be useful, for instance, at a stadium where there is a need to look up at the stands.
Support for Active Gatekeeper enables the camera to automatically move to a preset position when motion is detected in a pre-defined area, and track the detected object. The camera also has substantial capacity for third-party intelligent video applications that are based on the AXIS Camera Application Platform.
AXIS Q6042-E has a built-in memory card slot for local storage of recordings. The camera is powered by High Power over Ethernet using the supplied High PoE midspan.
- Supports H.264 Main and Baseline Profiles, as well as Motion JPEG.
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6 and Quality of Service.
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including VAPIX® from Axis Communications
Weight: 3.7 kg (8.2 lb.)