- 36x optical zoom and Extended D1
- IP52-rated protection against dust and dripping water
- Shock detection
- Enhanced intelligent video
- Power over Ethernet Plus (IEEE 802.3at)
Wide area coverage
AXIS Q6042 is an advanced indoor PTZ dome, offering higher resolution than normal D1, 36x optical zoom, and fast and precise pan/tilt performance for wide area coverage and great detail when zooming in. It is ideal for airports, train stations, arenas, shopping malls, warehouses and manufacturing facilities.
AXIS Q6042 snapshots: at left, wide view; at right, 36x zoom on people 38 m (125 ft.) away. Click to enlarge images.
Supporting round-the-clock pan/tilt/zoom operation, the robust AXIS Q6042 can be automatically directed to 256 preset positions using guard tour. With endless 360° pan and high zoom, the camera can monitor an extremely wide area and provide detailed surveillance. The camera’s adjustable day/night functionality ensures high image quality even in low light conditions.
AXIS Q6042 has IP52-rated protection against dust and dripping water, and support for Power over Ethernet Plus (IEEE 802.3at) using the supplied High PoE midspan. The PTZ dome also has shock detection, which mechanically detects and triggers an alarm if the camera has been hit. In vibrating conditions, the camera’s electronic image stabilization reduces the effects of camera vibrations on the view to deliver clearer video.
AXIS Q6042’s built-in video analytics include Active Gatekeeper, which enables the camera to automatically move to a preset position when motion is detected in a pre-defined area, and track the detected object. The camera also has substantial capacity for third-party intelligent video applications.
Two-way audio and I/O
With an optional multi-connector cable, AXIS Q6042 supports two-way audio, audio detection, input/output ports for connection to external devices and AC/DC power. The camera has a built-in memory card slot for local storage of recordings.
- Supports H.264 Main and Baseline Profiles, as well as Motion JPEG.
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, autotracking and Active Gatekeeper.
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6 and Quality of Service.
- Support for AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) with One-Click Camera connection
Weight: 2.6 kg (5.7 lb.) - 3.2 kg (7.1 lb.)