- Four-channel video server
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams
- Video motion detection and pre/post-alarm buffer
- Support for PTZ and dome cameras
- Standalone and blade versions available
Full-featured, digital benefits for analog surveillance systems
The AXIS 241 Video Servers are designed to migrate your analog investments into high-performance IP solutions, ideal for surveillance and remote monitoring. The AXIS 241Q Video Server accommodates four analog video streams.
Large installations using blades
Powerful event management tools
System integration and network utilization are optimized with sophisticated functions such as built-in motion detection, SNMP and simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams.
Powerful event management tools include image upload, alarm notification and I/O control. Pan/tilt/zoom control is done over the serial port, enabling PTZ and dome camera handling over the network. A de-interlace filter eliminates interlace artifacts from NTSC/PAL cameras.
Advanced network security
A comprehensive set of security features, including multiple user access levels, HTTPS encryption, possibility to disable unused network services for example ftp, IEEE802.1X and IP address filtering, ensures secure video handling and configuration. In addition, the AXIS 241Q has support for Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network.
An IP-based security system including Axis video encoders helped the restaurant owner monitor business from anywhere in the world.
Support for PTZ and dome cameras
All Axis video encoders connect to analog pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) cameras to allow for easy operation of these PTZ cameras across the IP network. Axis' open policy ensures simple and fast integration with most analog PTZ cameras on the market by including software drivers for more than 25 different analog cameras, including products from American Dynamics, Bosch, Canon, Panasonic, Pelco, Philips, Samsung, Sensormatic and Sony.
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams in resolutions up to
- De-interlace filter which improves image quality in the highest resolution (4CIF).
- Built-in motion detection and powerful event management.
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication.
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4).
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications.
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)