- Superior VGA resolution
- Thermal imaging
- High-quality indoor detection
- Multiple lens options
- Intelligent video capabilities
- Standard Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af)
Quality detection indoors
AXIS Q1922 Thermal Network Camera is a perfect complement to any network video system that needs to secure an area 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The camera uses thermal imaging and is designed for indoor surveillance. It allows users to detect people, objects and incidents in complete darkness and difficult conditions such as smoke, haze, dust and light fog.
Key IP-Surveillance features
Find out more about the technology and benefits of thermal cameras in video surveillance.
AXIS Q1922 Thermal Network Camera supports H.264 video compression, which reduces bandwidth usage and storage needs by up to 80% compared to Motion JPEG. The camera provides multiple, individually configurable video streams in H.264 and Motion JPEG. Each stream can have its own color palette setting.
AXIS Q1922 has two-way audio support, which allows the user to communicate with visitors and intruders.
Power over Ethernet for easy installation
Installation is made easy and cost-effective with Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af), which eliminates the need for power cables.
Wide detection range
With a high resolution of 640x480 pixels and multiple lens alternatives, AXIS Q1922 can optimize detection performance to meet most application requirements:
|Lens||Focal length||Viewing angle||Detection|
|1.8 x 0.5m||2.3 x 2.3m|
The detection ranges are calculated with Johnson’s criteria and vary in different weather conditions.
Find nomographs for Axis Q19 Thermal Network Camera series (meters) (pdf) or nomographs for Axis Q19 Thermal Network Camera series (yards) (pdf) to determine the relation between the focal length of the lens,the number of pixels across the object, and the range.
Intelligent video capabilities
Since thermal cameras are less sensitive to problems with light conditions and normal shadows, they can achieve higher accuracy than conventional cameras in most intelligent video applications. AXIS Q1922 Thermal Network Camera offers VGA resolution, advanced software processing and a frame rate of up to 30 Fps which improve thermal image quality, providing more pixels on target and enhancing the possibility to efficiently integrate intelligent video applications.
The camera also provides capacity for third-party analytics modules, including support for AXIS Camera Application Platform. AXIS Q1922 Thermal Network Camera supports ONVIF for interoperability between network video products.
Benchmark Magazine, United Kingdom: "The AXIS Q1922 will tick the right boxes for many seeking a first step into thermal imaging. It is easy to configure and use, offers a good level of performance, and is a cost effective offering."
Weight: 950 g (2.10 lb.) - 970 g (2.14 lb.)
- Built-in support for Pan/Tilt heads using the Pelco-D protocol
- Built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot
- Network security using multiple user access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
- Supports Quality of Service (QoS) which helps secure the necessary bandwidth for streaming video and control commands over a network
- Supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in addition to IP version 4 (IPv4)
- Open Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including the ONVIF specification available at www.onvif.org, as well as VAPIX® and AXIS Camera Application Platform from Axis Communications
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org)